All Local Scholarships are listed below.
Other Scholarship Search Engines:
These are scholarship opportunities available to LHS students. See your school counselor or Mrs. Baker if you have any questions.
2022 LEA Scholarship
Please complete this form to apply for the Lincoln Education Association Scholarship. There will be 3 awards of $300 given to Lincoln High School seniors only.
DEADLINE: May 18, 2022
Tammy Sperle Memorial Scholarship for LHS Seniors
History: In February of 1996, Tammy Sperle was brutally murdered by an inmate while employed at the Huron Valley Correctional Facility. Tammy was survived by her husband and two sons who Graduated from Lincoln High School and participated in numerous sporting activities. Since 1997 Funds have been raised at the annual Tammy Sperle Memorial Golf Scramble for a scholarship in her name. Each year a $1000.00 scholarship is awarded to one male and one female scholar athlete based on academics and athletics. The scholarships are given by friends and family to honor Tammy’s love and dedication to Lincoln Athletics.
- Students must attend a college or university in the following year.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Athletes must have participated in at least one sport per year for all four years.
- Athlete shall have no infractions per Athletic Code.
- An essay describing "how high school sports have affected your life". (1page min-3 page max)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- GPA of at least a 3.0 or higher
DEADLINE: May 20, 2022
Pittman Scholarship for LHS Seniors
To be eligible for the Pittman Scholarship, you must be entering Eastern Michigan University this coming Fall Semester after commencement. Two $800 scholarships will be awarded to LHS students.
DEADLINE: MAY 20, 2022
Alpha Delta Kappa Education Scholarship
The Beta Zeta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa, an honorary educator’s sorority, is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior who is planning to enter the field of education in the fall of 2022, an educator working in the field of education and would like to continue their education or is attending college in the educational field. This scholarship is renewable, once, upon application to, and at the discretion of the ADK Scholarship Committee.
The applicant should complete the form and return it to me at the following address no later than May 20, 2022.
7901 Ann Arbor St.
Dexter, MI 48130
Any questions may be directed to: email@example.com.
DEADLINE: MAY 20, 2022
The PB&J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed.
Examples of personal challenges include, but are not limited to:
- medical issues
- peer issues: bullying, change of school, minority status, etc.
- family issues: divorce, death, lack of income, homelessness, foster care, abuse, etc.
When in doubt, students are encouraged to apply; this scholarship is meant to be inclusive.
Evaluation & Process
Applicants will be evaluated based on their essay and letters of recommendation; there is no GPA requirement. Please note: letters of recommendation must directly reference the student’s challenges. If the applicant does not wish to share their challenges with their recommender, then the recommendation must reference the student’s personal character.
More than 10 scholarships will be awarded in 2020, based on financing. Winners will be notified in August.
Apply online: https://pbjscholarship.org/
Deadline: May 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM
WCC Excellence Scholarship
Each year WCC offers Excellence Scholarships worth $3,000 ($1,500 each semester for fall and winter) to graduates of any high school.
This scholarship rewards excellence in any area. For example, you may excel in your classes, school or community activities, playing a sport, being an artist, helping your family at overcoming obstacles to achieve your dreams or another area that’s unique to you.
Scholarship application steps:
- Fill out the free online application for admission to WCC. Do it about 2 weeks before the scholarship application deadline to allow time to receive your WCC student information in the mail.
- Prepare a statement of no more than 250 words that describes why you want to attend WCC, your college goals, and your activities and honors both in and out of school.
- Once you receive a letter from WCC with your student information, set up your netID.
- Fill out the High School Scholarship Application just once to apply for all of the high school scholarships on this web page. Paste your prepared essay into the application.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation and a copy of your high school transcript. You must send them to WCC’s Financial Aid office within one week of the application deadline.
DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2022
Tuition Incentive Program
A program for eligible students who have or have had Michigan Medicaid coverage for 24 months within a 36-month consecutive month period (between age nine and high school graduation) as identified by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
Note: TIP expires six years after high school completion or four years if no award is received.
DEADLINE: August 31 of senior year.
Michigan College and University Scholarship Pages