Parents and Students
LCS Visitor COVID Screening Form
District visitor entry into buildings will be by appointment only. Visitors must complete the COVID screening form and wear a mask/face covering.
SCHOOL CLOSING PROCEDURE
School Closing Info
Click to Check School Closings
SCHOOL CLOSING PROCEDURE
Any time there is inclement weather in the forecast, our transportation director and one of our mechanics check road conditions between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m. The school closing relay is then activated and the media and school personnel are notified. Check the following media outlets for up-to-date school information:
- Local TV Broadcast Channels 2, 4, 7
- Local Radio Stations WWJ/WJR
- Lincoln Website
- School Messenger Calling System
How is the decision made to close school?
The first consideration is always the safety of our students. Beginning around 2:00 a.m., staff members drive around our district to evaluate the road conditions and determine if our buses will be able to safely transport students. Our district covers over 72 square miles of both paved and dirt roads, so conditions in one part of the district may differ from another.
The Superintendents of WISD districts begin to confer as soon as there appears to be an issue, but generally by 4:00 a.m. the conversation is underway. Lincoln Schools has chosen not to identify a specific wind chill factor for closure by policy, but to examine each specific occurrence. Using the information from staff, as well as local and national weather sources, a decision is made for our district.
Once the decision to close is made,we notify the media stations, staff, and families. Families are notified through our automated calling system. We also post the notice on our website, Twitter, Facebook, and send an email to our district email list.
The Michigan Department of Education allows 30 hours for school closures during the school year. Anything beyond that usually requires make-up days or minutes which must be approved by the Board of Education.
Lincoln Consolidated Schools
Our mission is to provide an exemplary educational experience where students develop the foundation for lifelong learning.
We believe that . . .
- Student learning is our highest priority.
- Students, parents, staff, and the community share responsibility for student learning and must work together on behalf of students.
- Students learn in different ways, at different rates, and at different times.
- A caring, safe, orderly school environment enhances learning.
- Students must accept responsibility for their actions.
- Every individual should be treated with respect.
- A positive attitude is essential for success and success builds self-esteem.
- A multi-culturally enriched environment is necessary to foster acceptance of all individuals.
- Learning is a life-long process.