Work Permits and Forms

Work Permit Information and Forms

Who needs a Work Permit?
Any minor who is 11 up to 18 years of age and not specifically exempted from the Youth Employment Standards Act (P.A. 90 of 1978) and who works in a paid or unpaid position, must have a work permit. The minimum age of employment is 14 years, except that a minor 11 years of age or older may be employed as a golf or bridge caddy.

Work Permits in Michigan Fact Sheet

Forms can be picked up from the High School Main Office or can be printed by clicking the links below.

The "Applicant" and "Employer" sections of the form must be fully completed before they can be signed by school personnel.  Completed forms can be returned to the High School Office between 7am-3:30pm. For more information or any questions, please call 734-484-7000 ext. 7005.

CA-6 for minors UNDER 16 years of age 
Must be printed on PINK paper.

CA-7 for minors 16 and 17 years of age
Must be printed on YELLOW paper.



Due to ongoing health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, access to the building is limited.  Please contact the Building Secretary (Roxanne Mayville) at: (734) 484-7025 or by email at:, to arrange a time to come to the school when staff will be here.