All Local Scholarships are listed below. For a complete list of other scholarships that we get information on in the counseling office, do the following:
- Visit the LHS Naviance Student website: student.naviance.com/lincolnshs
- Log in using the same username and password as your powerschool account.
- Click on "Colleges", "Scholarships and Money", and "Scholarship List".
- Click on each scholarship to read more about it and see if you are eligible, find the website and/or application.
- Pay attention to the deadline.
- See your school counselor if you have questions.
Other Scholarship Search Engines:
These are scholarships available to LHS students only or for students in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Area. See your school counselor or Mrs. Baker if you have any questions.
WCC Excellence Scholarship
Each year WCC offers Excellence Scholarships worth $3,000 ($1,500 each semester for fall and winter) to graduates of any high school.
This scholarship rewards excellence in any area. For example, you may excel in your classes, in school or community activities, playing a sport, being an artist, helping your family, at overcoming obstacles to achieving your dreams, or another area that’s unique to you.
Scholarship Application Steps
- Fill out the free online application for admission to WCC. Do it about 2 weeks before the scholarship application deadline to allow time to receive your WCC student information in the mail.
- Prepare a statement of no more than 250 words that describes why you want to attend WCC, your college goals, and your activities and honors both in and out of school. You will need this statement for your scholarship application.
- Once you receive a letter from WCC with your student information, set up your netID.
- Fill out the High School Scholarship Application just once to apply for all the scholarships on this web page. Paste your prepared essay into the application.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation and a copy of your high school transcript. You must send them to WCC’s Financial Aid office within one week of the application deadline.
Deadline: July 15, 2019