Safety is our number one priority. Disruptive or otherwise inappropriate behavior during busing may lead to a Bus Discipline Referral. After 3 minor referrals or 1 major referral, the student transportation privileges may be suspended for up to ten days or revocation of bus privileges for the remainder of the school year.
1. Each student shall ride designated buses ONLY. We cannot accommodate changes for play-dates, babysitting, etc.
2. Each student shall be at the designated bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled time and ready to board the bus. At drop off time a responsible person must be there to receive students in grades Y5 – K-2. The driver is responsible for the maintenance of this schedule and cannot wait for tardy student.
3. Students shall remain at least 10-20 feet well back from the roadway while waiting for the bus.
4. Students who must cross the street at a bus stop shall not do so until they receive a signal from the bus driver. When crossing a street is necessary, it shall always be done at least 10 feet in front of the bus so that the driver may adequately observe them. This means that the student/parent should be able to see the face of the bus driver. The driver shall hold the bus with warning lights flashing (red lights) and stop sign out until the crossing has been completed.
6. Students shall enter the bus in an orderly fashion, go directly to their seats and remain seated until the destination is reached (bottoms on seats, feet in front of you on the floor, not in the aisle).
7. All students will have assigned seats. The bus driver may move students as needed.
8. Students shall keep their hands, arms, and heads inside the bus in their own personal space.
9. All articles such as athletic equipment, books, laptops, musical instruments, etc., must be kept out of aisles.
10. Students shall observe all behavior rules related to safety and the well-being/respect of others.
11. Students are not to touch other student's belongings or other student's body parts in any way.
12. There shall be NO eating on the school bus. Students may drink water.
13. There shall be NO shouting, roughhousing or throwing things on the bus or at the bus stop.
14. Personal audio devices including cell phones must have headphones to listen to music/videos.
15. There shall be NO taking of pictures or video by students on the school bus at any time.
16. Students must identify themselves to the bus driver when requested.
17. Students shall remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop before attempting to get off the bus.
18. Students may leave the bus only at the consent of the driver.
19. The emergency exits must be used for emergencies only. Students are not to touch safety equipment on the bus unless directed by the driver to do so.
Students must comply with driver and monitor directions at all times. If a parent/ student has a concern about transportation policies, it should be addressed with the Transportation Department.