Dear Lincoln Consolidated Families,
The Transportation Department's employees are the first district employees to greet your students in the morning and the last district employees to see them in the evening. We do not simply transport students from home to school and back again. We strive to safely transport students so that they are emotionally prepared to be educated.
Bus transportation is an important function at Lincoln Consolidated Schools. Bus transportation is not mandated by law, but provided as a service to the students of the District. In order for transportation to work, we must have the cooperation of parents and students.
We believe the information contained in the following policies will help everyone understand the importance of student transportation. The Michigan Department of Education, the Legislature, and the Michigan State Police also develop rules and regulations that govern the activities of the Transportation Department. Please click here for the Michigan Department of Education Pupil Transportation FAQ.
Please note: video cameras will be in use on any LCS transportation vehicle.
ALL FAMILIES MUST REVIEW THE TRANSPORTATION RULES EACH YEAR.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT 2022-2023 TRANSPORTATION
- Lincoln Consolidated Schools requires a completed Request for Student Transportation Form for each student utilizing school bus transportation to reserve his or her seat on the bus. (Students attending Model ECC are not required to complete)
- Complete the online Request for Student Transportation Form for each student.
- Requests filled out today will go on a waiting list until the student can be added to the assigned bus stop. This process may take up to 2 weeks after the request.
- Bus Transportation will ONLY be assigned to students who have completed the request form. Students without an assigned bus are not permitted to ride the bus.
- Currently, transportation will offer a one-stop service for each student. Students are only permitted to ride the bus to and from their assigned stop location Monday through Friday.
- Parents/Guardians and students must read and understand the Lincoln Consolidated Schools Transportation Rules and Guidelines. Your signature is required to acknowledge that failure to follow the rules will result in disciplinary actions up to and including bus privileges being revoked for this school year.
NEW RIDERSHIP PROGRAM INFORMATION
All students will use their student ID to be scanned as they get on and off the bus. The new ridership program has great benefits such as the "Here Comes the Bus" app. Students can also use the application to scan on and off the bus using their device.
Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives real-time bus location and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time. No more standing in the freezing cold or pouring rain, wondering where the bus is and when it will arrive; and no more being late for or missing the bus altogether.
The app is free in the App Store and Google Play and is available to LCS students who take buses to and from school.
What it does:
- Shows the real-time location of your child's bus on a map
- Gives scheduled and actual arrival times at home and school for a.m., mid-day, and p.m. routes
- Provides push and email alerts when the bus is near or when the bus has been substituted
- Is available in English, Spanish, and French
If you don't have a smartphone or tablet, don't worry. You can still reap the benefits of the Here Comes the Bus website on a laptop or desktop computer.
Click HERE to learn more about the APP.
Transportation Office: (734) 484-7044
Please include student name(s), grade, school, and address.
Thank you for your patience.
Have you moved?
Proof of Residency required:
Mortgage/Lease Current Statement
Water, Electric, Gas Current Statement
Voter Id Card
HALF DAY AND EARLY RELEASE
- Half day drop off times are approximately 4 hrs earlier than your students normal drop off time.
- Early release drop off times are approximately 2 hrs 15 min earlier than your students normal drop off time.