This Strategic Plan provides Lincoln Consolidated Schools with a clear direction and road map and a means of navigating the district’s course for the future. Based on numerous hours and contributions from many district and community representatives, this plan is expected to help the district leadership, administration, faculty and staff members maximize the opportunities for students across the district and successfully traverse the challenges they face in the years ahead.
In February, 2018, the LCS Superintendent and School Board met with community stakeholders to discuss the district’s needs, mission, and timeline for the strategic planning process.
Following the initial meeting, the LCS invited committee participants who met from February 2018 through August 2018 in a series of committee-at-large and subcommittee meetings. To develop the Strategic Plan, the Committee:
- Revisited the previous mission statement, vision, focus areas, and objectives (February, 2018)
- Reviewed data presented by district leadership on the status of the district (February, 2018)
- Developed core values and revised LCS’s mission and vision statement, focus areas, objectives, measures, and initiatives through the planning process and analysis of current data (February –August, 2018)
- Prepared final report of the Strategic Plan and presented the plan to the Strategic Planning Committee and the LCS Board of Education (August, 2018)
Over six months, the LCS Strategic Planning Committee completed a series of planning activities to determine the strengths of the district, the challenges it faces, the opportunities that exist, and the direction the district should take to accomplish its goals and vision for students. These activities included iterative, cumulative exercises that incorporated multiple perspectives and feedback from the community, resulting in a unified plan.
Nearly 60 district patrons participated in the Strategic Planning meetings in February and March, 2018. Information gathered at the public meetings included a focus on the need for consistent and constant communication from LCS and the importance of using the strategic plan to improve decision-making in the district and across schools. Subsequent feedback from forum participants informed the Committee’s final considerations for the Strategic Plan.
Strategic Planning Committee Members
Of those individuals invited to participate in the Strategic Planning Committee, 57 accepted the invitation. The Strategic Planning Committee included:
- Board Members (5)
- Central Office (10)
- School-level leadership (8)
- Teachers (15)
- Staff representatives (8)
- Parents (9)
- Student (1)
- Community Organizations (1)
- Community-at-Large representatives (1)
Committee members engaged individually in over 40 hours of meetings across six months. The list below presents the individual members of the Strategic Planning Committee.
Board of Education
Lincoln High School
Lincoln Middle School
T J Rollins